Last Updated on December 4, 2020 by PAN ADMIN
WHO WE ARE
WHO WE ARE
A world where every child is born with equitable and optimal chance to survive, grow and develop.
To influence all policies and programmes that impact on the wellbeing of every child through advocacy and strategic interventions that promote and protect the survival, growth and development.
The purpose of the Paediatric association of Nigeria is to offer a platform for paediatricians and other professionals to improve health care for children through networking, and collaboration with experts in the field.
PAN is a member of Union of African Paediatric Societies and Associations (UNAPSA), affiliated with International Paediatric Association and collaborates with America Academy of Pediatrics.
- Associate, confer and collaborate with members on child healthcare matters through conferences, seminars and workshops for the promotion of knowledge and exchange of information on child health matters
- Create and/or align with innovative interventions that impact positively on child health by cooperation and collaboration with national and international agencies
- Support governments and other stakeholders in child health in the review, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all national activities that affect children
- Act as “a watchdog” on child health matters through reviews, generation, collation and distribution of statistical information on children
- Produce a journal of international standard, the Nigerian Journal of Paediatrics (NJP) as a resource for information generated to promote child health
- Update members of the association and others on current information and issues nationally and internationally on child health through the publication of newsletter(PAN News)